Thursday, October 14, 2010

Horn free!

After years of my stupid 'horns' annoying me I finally had them removed.  I pushed off the 'surgery' twice this year already, but Tuesday I finally followed through and had the little suckers cut out. 
I was actually very nervous to have the procedure done.  I knew I would be able to feel the tugging of my head and hear what was going on.  A friend suggested I take some music and headphones in and the Dr let me.  I probably wouldn't have made it through without that because I'm such a wimp and the 30 minute procedure would have been too much for me to take without distraction.  I was supposed to have some lumps taken out of my back during the same day, but I cancelled those.....baby steps.
The numbing agent they injected in my head (which burned like hell) did not really 'take' on one side, so when the good 'ol doc started cutting into my head I could feel it.  I could also feel the needled and stitches on that side of my head as he was sewing me up.  The poor nurse - I was squeezing her hand so hard that she was probably more uncomfortable than me. 
I had 4 incisions in all and I'm not sure how many stitches....probably not too many.  I set up my bed with 12 pillows so I'm pretty much sleeping upright in order not to lay on my head.  I can't wait for it to heal so I can see how my bald spots and scars look....oh the small joys of life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment