Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Busy bees

Nick and I always seem to be so dang busy.  It isn't a terrible thing, but it can add up to stress that I put on us.  I seem to overbook things, squeeze too much into weekends, and somehow have more errands to run than most people.  Poor Nick.  He just wants to relax and I think he misses his Sundays when he was single and laid around with buddies watching football.  Now are the days of visiting family, meeting up with friends, returning goods, touring daycare, home repairs, baby shopping, etc.  I sound like I'm complaining....I'm not - more feeling bad for my lovely husband.

Halloween we went to three different parties.  Normally we wouldn't party hop that much, but since I'm a sober driver I figured why not make it all of them.  I started to regret that around 12:15 at night when we were on the road to the 3rd party.  I try to pretend that pregnancy isn't going to hold me back from as much normalcy as possible, but the exhaustion can sure hit me hard sometimes.  We had a great night though.  Nick dressed as Mario from Super Mario Brothers and I was the princess, Peaches, that Mario saves.  It was the 1st year we did a matching couple costume and it turned out pretty cute. 

This last weekend we had an annual mom weekend.  This consists of Tina, her mom, my mom, and me.  We enjoyed pedicures together, went shopping in Hudson, WI, and this year we stayed in and made dinner for our moms.  Tina and I made salmon, couscous, popovers, etc.  We agreed to split the meal up and not tell each other how to prepare the other's dish.  We call each other 'control freak' and 'freak control', so that should tell you why we try to stay out of each other's way.  I could have used some help though.  I looked at the recipe wrong and tripled most of the ingredients in the salmon dish, except for the salmon.  After a little smoke and scare that the fire alarm would go off we realized my mistake......shockingly it was pretty tasty though.

Baby update:
-Friday I have glucose testing to check on gestational diabetes.  Hopefully I'm in the clear.  Originally I was hoping I would have it- so that I had to follow a strict diet (sad to say, I just don't have enough self control so I hope for gestational diabetes).  I learned that this can lead to the real deal of type 2 diabetes down the road, so now I'm changing my hope on the outcome of the test.  I'll keep you posted. 
-Sunday we are touring a daycare.  It's an in home daycare that is about 10 minutes from our home.  I really hope I like her and her set up.  I don't want to keep having to look at daycare.....plus she is reasonably priced.........only $170 a week.  That is much better than the center I looked at last month which was $300 weekly!

There is a lot of great news amongst friends too....engagements, pregnancies, babies, etc.  It is going to be a busy year!  Tina and I added up that there will be 9 new babies here at this time next year among our friends.  Our girls' nights will be a bit different in the near future. 

My sister will be in MN for 1.5 months soon.  She will be getting here in 2 weeks and staying until the beginning on January.  This is the 1st time that she'll be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas since I can remember, so it will be nice to have her around.  Spain in really struggling financially, so she is going to start looking into options of employment around here to see if moving back to the states is a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment